Soo….the amazing Bella from A Doll’s Life nominated us for…a LOT of tags/awards!
(I’ll also be adding a couple more from other awesome people.)
Goodness! Are you ready?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link.
- Answer the eleven questions given,and have your sister do the same for you.This way we can compare and contrast the two of you.
- Nominate seven bloggers and have them answer the same eleven questions.
- Have fun!
Charlotte and Lucy, who are cousins but live in the same household (so more or less sisters 😉 ) were nominated.
Which of you is older?Lucy: Charlotte! Charlotte: Me.
What’s your favorite thing to do together?Lucy: Play in the woods! Charlotte: We trek through the woods, sometimes with my little brother Stuart, or we play dolls.
What is your sister’s favorite food?Lucy: I know it’s not pizza….it’s…salmon! Charlotte: Definitely ice cream!
What’s a character trait in the other that you appreciate?Lucy: We aren’t allowed to go very far into the forest by ourselves, but Charlotte is happy to take Stuart and me out into the woods. Charlotte: Lucy is always super cheerful.
What’s a character trait in the other that you don’t appreciate?Lucy: (after much thought) Umm…whenever Charlotte is working on a film or voicing a character or something, she’s gone a lot and doesn’t really have time to play. Charlotte: Sometimes Lucy can leave others out without realizing it.
What’s one hobby you have that the other doesn’t?Lucy: Charlotte likes photography. Sometimes she lets me try with her camera, but I’m not very good! Charlotte: Well…if it weren’t for Lucy, I probably wouldn’t play with dolls or color with sidewalk chalk nearly as much!
Who keeps a cleaner room?Lucy: Charlotte, I think. Charlotte: That depends on whether I’ve got an acting gig, and whether I’ve let Lucy play dress up!
What’s the biggest way in which your sister can annoy you?Lucy: By being gone a ton and not being able to play! Charlotte: Sometimes Lucy forgets that I’ve got more going on than just playing with her and Stuart.
Describe each other in three words.Lucy: Smart. Kind. Amazing! Charlotte: Cute, Funny and Adventurous.
How do the two of you differ personality-wise?Lucy: Charlotte always knows the right thing to say and me, not really. Charlotte: Lucy’s a lot more care-free, although part of that is our age difference. Also, she’s obsessed with everything girly!
Why do you love your sister? (C’mon, you know you do!)Lucy: She tries to help me and be there for me–for all of us–even when she’s busy with stuff. Charlotte: She makes me smile. And laugh. A lot.
Which of you is older?
What’s your favorite thing to do together?
What is your sister’s favorite food?
What’s a character trait in the other that you appreciate?
What’s a character trait in the other that you don’t appreciate?
What’s one hobby you have that the other doesn’t?
Who keeps a cleaner room?
What’s the biggest way in which your sister can annoy you?
Describe each other in three words.
How do the two of you differ personality-wise?
Why do you love your sister? (C’mon, you know you do!)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Give some history about how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of blogging advice.
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
So…the idea to start this blog’s been rolling around in my head for a long time. I’d mentioned it to my parents on multiple occasions and they were cool with it.
Earlier this year, since I knew we were moving (again), I starting planning photoshoots and stories and taking tons of pictures because I knew I’d have to pack all my doll stuff up for a while. (Still packed. 😦 )
I researched a bit into what type of blogging platform to get, etc., and gave myself this blog as a birthday present. As soon as the movers left after dropping our stuff into our temporary housing (they came on my birthday, don’t-cha-know), I brainstormed a domain name and there you are! American Girl Here and There was created. My family’s moved so much that I just knew I had to incorporate that into my blog name, or everyone would be utterly confused as to why my pictures were taken here, there and everywhere! 🙂
*Plan ahead and you’ll be more consistent.
*At the same time, allow yourself a little room for spontaneity or things will start to plod.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions and ask 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 people.
- Let the nominees know
2. Do you have any pets? Yup. Right now we have two half-Siamese black cats. The house feels a bit empty, though, ‘cuz we’ve always had tons of animals around.
3. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Hmm…I like vanilla, chocolate chip…basically any kind of vanilla ice cream with real chocolate add-ins! 🙂
4. Do you enjoy doing crafts? Yes! Although after so many moves and thinking of college and all that, I’m trying to limit the stuff I collect to just AG. 😉
5. What is your favorite YouTube channel? I’m not on YouTube a ton. I like seeing people’s doll collections/customs, and I do like Studio C.
6. Have you ever held a bird before? Yes. This one wildlife center a few moves ago always got an interactive bird exhibit for a few weeks that you could go into and feed the birds at.
7. What is your favorite food? I’m quite the foodie…I did answer this question before, though. See above.
8. Why did you start your blog? I’ve loved AG since I was little, and I used to have lots of friends that did, too. Now I don’t even know (in person) anyone that likes AG. Also, I started taking pictures a while back/writing stories and my parents kept saying I needed an outlet for that. 🙂
9. Where do you live? Somewhere in the MidWest. Although I’ve lived all over…my family will probably be moving into our 7th or 8th place soon.
10. If you had wings, where would you fly to? Everywhere! And then I’d come home again to enjoy it until our next move.
11. What would you rather do, ride a horse through a forest or go camping in a forest? Hmm…I’ve done both. I really like riding horses if I can walk them the entire time. Trotting/Cantering is a LOT of work. 😉
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules on your blog and display the award!
Gracie from Smile and Craft AG nominated me for this! Thank you, Gracie!
Okay, here goes…
Board games or card games? I like both! But I like card games more when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to set up an intensive game. 🙂
Fidget spinner or fidget cube? No idea…I haven’t played with either.
Do you like to sew or craft? Yep, I like crafts. And I took a few sewing classes when I was little. Although after another big move I feel like I shouldn’t make any more STUFF!
What advice would you give to someone starting a new blog? Put some effort in. Get other’s input. It shows.
Do you have any pets? We had a dog, but now we’re down to 2 cats. Although I’d love another dog!
Do you enjoy graphic design? Umm…not really. 😀
What is a unique or strange habit that you have or used to have? I think of myself doing things in the third person on occasion, if that counts?
Thoughts on the new American Girl create-your-own line? See a couple awards up. 🙂
Who do you look up to? America’s Founding Fathers. They were seriously amazing.
Name a blogger that you would like to meet. Lilly Maiden. Although really, it’d be fun to meet any other American Girl blogger/collector. None of my friends are into it anymore. 😦 I’m allll aloooonnnnee!
What is one practical way you can think of to make a difference in this world? Honor God in everything you do. Pray for others. Chat with someone who looks lonely. 🙂
Wow.. that was pretty long, wasn’t it? Did you make it all the way through? If you did–congrats! You are nominated…for all the awards you’d like! And…you can answer the same questions as me. Because these were pretty awesome.
(I know, I’m so lazy, right?) 😀
Have at it, amazing person! ❤
Also…how do I add the awards onto my site? 🙂